31.6 C
Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Cambodian man injured by electric shock while installing electric cables in Pattaya


Must read

Cambodian man injured by electric shock while installing electric cables in Pattaya

A Cambodian worker has suffered serious injuries from an electric shock while installing underground cables at a condominium in South Pattaya.

Emergency services were notified of the incident at 2:30 p.m. yesterday, which occurred at a condominium at the entrance to Soi South Pattaya 1 in Nongprue.

First aid teams and a local reporter arrived on the scene to find 34-year-old Khun Wit Peet, a Cambodian citizen, dazed on a power pole with a transformer and other cables attached. He is an employee of a local company that is moving electricity cables underground and inspects the transformer area about two stories above the ground.

He had suffered injuries from an electric shock but was fortunately secured to the electricity pole. Pattaya’s electricity authorities were called to cut off the electricity before emergency services and his colleagues helped the injured man to the ground. He was taken to a local hospital.

One witness, 42-year-old Suksan Bangrabat, told the reporter: “There was a loud bang when I looked up I saw that Khun, dazed and in pain, was sitting on the electricity pole.

Wattanachai Lakka, of the Pattaya Electricity Authority Office, told Jelle: “If a company wants to work on a utility pole, they normally have to tell us first so we can shut off the electricity. This company had not informed us that they wanted to work on the electricity pole.”

Peet’s employer declined to immediately comment on the incident, citing an ongoing investigation. The company’s name was also withheld pending further investigation.

Catch up on more stories here

Follow us on Facebook here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article