The city council of this coastal town recently announced regulations for pet owners to prevent the transmission of diseases between stray and domestic animals due to the rising stray animal population.
The regulations are in line with the Raising or Release of Dogs and Cats Ordinance of 2019, which states:
- Raising and releasing dogs and cats is prohibited in any public area and on North Pattaya Road from Sukhumvit Road to Dolphin roundabout (This does not mean that you cannot have a dog or cat in this area, just that you are not allowed to have them here released or allowed to have in public).
- Owners may only raise their animals in their own homes and not allow them to roam freely in the streets or public areas.
- The owners are not allowed to raise more than two dogs within 72 square meters.
- The owners are not allowed to raise more than three cats within 72 square meters.
- If the owners have more than the above number of pets, they must register them within 365 days to receive a pet ID card.
- If the pet owners change, the new owner must notify Pattaya officials within 30 days.
- Dog and cat owners must be in possession of a rabies vaccination certificate issued by a veterinarian. Failure to do so will be punished with a 10,000 baht fine.
Call 0 3811 1826 or Pattaya Contact Center 1337 for more information.
Catch up on more stories here
Follow us on Facebook here