According to media reports, a poisonous cube wall has killed an Israeli boy in Thailand.
The nine-year-old came into contact with the dangerous jellyfish while bathing off the island of Koh Phangan, Israeli media reported Sunday.
Emergency services tried unsuccessfully to save the boy on Saturday. Israeli television reported that his family had been living in Thailand for several years.
Cube jellyfish have tentacles up to three meters long. The venom of these cnidarians is one of the most dangerous in the world. It causes paralysis and shortness of breath. In recent years, there have been multiple reports of similar deaths following contact with the jellyfish.
Catch up on more stories here
Follow us on Facebook here