28.4 C
Monday, September 25, 2023

Thai PM orders extensive investigation into ‘Mountain B’ Pub nightclub in Chonburi, autopsy on bodies takes place in Bangkok


Must read

Thai Prime Minister Prayut has ordered a comprehensive investigation into… the fire at the ‘Mountain B’ nightclub in the Sattahip sub-district of Chonburi in the early hours of yesterday morning that reportedly killed 14 people and 41 people have been injured.

The prime minister expressed his condolences and ordered the relevant authorities to provide urgent assistance to the families of the deceased and injured and to immediately conduct security inspections at entertainment venues across the country to prevent a recurrence.

The deceased victims were taken to the police hospital in Bangkok last night for autopsies to be performed this Saturday morning, Colonel Pongsakorn Thichot of the police station forensic science told the assembled press.

The autopsy process would take about an hour for each remains. It is expected that all results will be completed within 1-2 days and that the police will return the bodies to the families as soon as possible for a religious ceremony.

According to the preliminary investigation, the interior of the nightclub has been completely damaged, including decorations, stage equipment, lights and sound and ceilings. The cause of the fire is currently still under investigation.

The venue owner told police during the interrogation that public health guidelines allowed the pub to sell and serve alcoholic beverages. However, the nightclub was adapted to be a closed space with no unauthorized extensions and was provided with a proper emergency exit.

They reportedly said there was an electrical problem yesterday, so they called an electrician to fix the lighting system above the ceiling. Police would then continue investigating whether these repairs were the cause of the fire or not.

All the employees and employees of ‘Mountain B’, nightclub including an electrician who was reportedly supposed to fix the lighting, had to arrive at the Sattahip police station yesterday afternoon for questioning.

Catch up on more stories here

Follow us on Facebook here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article