The administrative centre for Covid19 containment, the CCSA today announced the updated Covid19 control zones in Thailand that will come into effect from November 1 to comply with the government’s plan to reopen the country.
Based on the current Covid19 situation, the CCSA has reduced the number of provinces in the “dark red” zone, or areas with the highest disease control level, from 23 to 7. The 7 provinces are Chanthaburi, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.
The 38 provinces classified under the red zone, or high disease control area, are Kanchanaburi, Khon Kaen, Chonburi, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Chachoengsao, Trang, Trat, Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Ayutthaya, Phatthalung, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Satun, Samut Prakan, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, phan Saburi Ang Thong, Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani.
Here is a summary of maximum control measures from November 1, 2021, that apply in the above-mentioned provinces.
- Gatherings of more than 200 people are prohibited.
- Catering establishments are allowed to open until 23:00. There is a ban on serving alcoholic beverages. No limit on guest capacity.
- Flexible work-from-home requirements in public and state-owned enterprises.
- Schools may open with official approval.
- Day nurseries and care institutions for the elderly are allowed to open normally.
- Sports facilities may open until 11 p.m., the spectator capacity in open sports accommodations may not exceed 50 per cent, in closed sports accommodations an upper limit of 25 per cent applies.
- In closed (conditioned) theatres an upper limit of 75 per cent applies, in open-air theatres, there is no limit on the number of spectators.
- Exhibition and conference centers are allowed to open indefinitely.
- Shopping centers are allowed to open normally. Promotional events are banned, amusement parks and water parks remain closed.
- Beauty salons, spas, massage studios, beauty clinics and tattoo studios are allowed to open normally.
The 23 provinces classified under the Orange Zone or Controlled Area are: Kalasin, Kamphaeng Phet, Chainat, Chaiyaphum, Buriram, Phayao, Phrae, Maha Sarakham, Mae Hong Son, Yasothon, Roi Et, Lampang, Lamphun, Loei, Singburi, Sukhothai, Surin, Nong Khai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Uttaradit, Uthai Thani, Amnat Charoen, Si Sa Ket
The 5 provinces classified under the yellow zone, or guarded area, are Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Bueng Kan, Mukdahan and Sakon Nakhon.
Four provinces are classified under the blue zone and may be called the tourist test area of Thailand, these are Bangkok, Krabi, Phang Nga and Phuket.
Catch up on more stories here
Follow us on Facebook here